If it is a file that is recognized as a media file, this may happen in rare cases for a number of reasons:
- you copied/moved the file using another tool and Kyno missed the file system event or they are deactivated on your system or network drive
- Kyno's internal index somehow got into a stale state
To fix this, first try to hit the refresh button in the bottom right corner.
If that doesn't work
- open "Preferences ..." in the menu
hit the "clear temporary data" button.
- Optionally deselect the first checkbox ("Cache"), because the cache normally is not the problem and removing it will delete thumbnails and technical metadata, making Kyno a bit slower when looking at folders/files that were already opened in Kyno
- Hit "OK"
- Go to the folder again and check if the file is there
- Submit a bug report via the "Send Kyno Feedback..." option (optional)