Start a new topic

Being able to copy metadata of hard drive A to hard drive B

Our team of video editors have three hard drives (A, B and C) on which we all have the same footage in the same structure. 

Right now with the Premium version we all have access to the same Kyno shared database which is located on Dropbox, but when I connect my colleague's disk B to my computer, Kyno doesn't recognize his changes of metadata, even though we have the same files structure.

We wish there'd be a feature that let us copy metadata from disk A to disk B AND disk C, without the need to overwrite each and every file on both B and C.

1 person likes this idea

Hi David,

Have you found a suitable way to use Kyno within your team of editors? I'd like to know if there is an efficient way to use Kyno to share metadata within a group.

Hi Deanna,

The only way around we have found is to copy and paste every folders from A to B, in Kyno (it's important to do it in Kyno and not in Finder). 

Now if you have the same file structure with the same files in them on your hard drives, Kyno should ask you if you want to overwrite them. By selecting to do it in every folder, it will overwrite the files and copy the metadata with them. 

This isn't very convenient because we have 3 To of footage since September and it's quite long to overwrite frequently on 3 hard drives.

Hope it helps.

Cheers

Login or Signup to post a comment