Kyno is now owned by Signiant, Inc. Signiant’s EULA for Kyno will apply to new licenses as well as to Kyno support services and updates that we may provide. In addition, Signiant’s global privacy policy will apply in each case where Signiant’s EULA for Kyno applies, as well as to any communications with us about Kyno. Read the full announcement.
Start a new topic

Help Kyno Premium (Enterprise)

I'm hoping someone from Kyno can answer this or at least someone that has Enterprise seats.

My client is close to purchasing 5 seats. Does this version have the ability to update all seats that are connected to a server? If metadata changes are made on one seat, do the others update automatically to stay consistent? How does it work?

Thanks.

1 person has this question

Yes, same for tags. Whoever change something changes it for everybody.

For some that might be a downside (not a discussion and no permission levels as far as I see) but I believe especially for small teams that might be even the better, as more direct, way.

1 person likes this

Thomas, does this work with Tags as well? can all users on a premium plan see and filter via tags that others have put on media? 

i.e. an editor searching for a "nature" tag in footage that a technician has added in kyno? 

Great to hear! Yes, the functionality you describe that allows users of Kyno to collaborate on media on shared storage, cloud drives such as Dropbox and Google Drive or simply on external harddrives is available in all editions of Kyno. This is built into the core of Kyno and possible due to the way Kyno stores metadata. It's stored in hidden files next to the original media and is thus available to everyone working with Kyno. There's no central database or anything. By the way, that makes it very backup friendly as well, just make sure you back up hidden directories and the metadata will be backed up and restored along with your media.

1 person likes this
Login or Signup to post a comment